Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Owning a motorcycle is a significant responsibility. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a beginner, you should understand the importance of insurance coverage to provide financial protection and peace of mind.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance typically helps cover various expenses related to accidents or damages involving your motorcycle. The exact coverage can vary depending on the policy you choose and your individual needs, but the following are some common types of coverage:
- Liability coverage may help pay for damages and injuries you cause to other people or their property while riding your motorcycle.
- Collision coverage may help pay for damages to your motorcycle if you are involved in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help pay for damages to your motorcycle caused by events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, fire or weather-related incidents.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help protect you if you are involved in an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance or who does not have enough insurance to cover the damages.
- Personal injury protection may help cover medical expenses and lost wages if you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work?
Motorcycle insurance can provide financial protection by covering various risks of owning and riding a motorcycle. To obtain coverage, you purchase a policy and make regular premium payments. The terms and conditions of the policy outline what is covered and excluded and any limitations. In the event of a covered loss or accident, you can file a claim and, upon approval, receive compensation according to the policy terms. Deductibles and limits may apply, and reviewing and updating your policy as needed is essential.
Can You Get Insurance Before You Buy a Motorcycle?
Typically, you must own a motorcycle before you can insure it. Insurance companies often require details about the vehicle they’re insuring, such as the make, model and vehicle identification number, before they can accurately write a policy and determine applicable coverages.
How Much Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need?
The amount of motorcycle insurance you need depends on various factors, including your circumstances, local laws, the value of your motorcycle and the level of risk you’re comfortable with. Contact Metro Insurance Agencies LLC to discuss your motorcycle insurance needs and ensure you have appropriate coverage.